Thursday, 6 December 2012

Autumn Calling !!

I am a graduate! Finally !!!! Clearing my graduation was the biggest hurdle ! Atleast what i thought it was, then! But nope, I was wrong, of course! The other day I was chilling out at home when my bro walked in and said, hmm now that you are a graduate, what next? Are you gonna study further? (I am sure he was mocking me as i could see a wicked grin on his face) I said, "hell no !! No more studies! I've learnt my lesson and I am not going to study again. Not atleast in the near future. I will start working. I wanna work in an advertising agency!" You & advertising??? Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Yeah this was his reaction.. Well he realized soon enough that it wasn't funny. I told him that in a week's time I would attend an interview through a friend's(shastry) reference. He said, OKK and left the room. That evening while at adda I met shastry and collected all the information required. The interview was scheduled sometime in the 1st week of November, on a Monday. I was interviewed by Mr. Anand Raj Urs! A guy with great potential as i could sense. And so the interview began!! Why advertising? Cuz its interesting! Aren't other jobs interesting? I guess they are, but monotonous.. what in advertising? Copy writing!  .. so on and so fourth. Finally he handed me a blank sheet and a pen and asked me to write a paragraph on Bangalore. And so i wrote! He said, 'hmm u do have the potential, you CAN write but clearly you lack experience. Nevertheless I can hire you as an intern(unpaid) for three months and based on your performance we shall hire you as a full employee'. My happiness knew no bounds that moment. My first job! In an adv firm! As a copy writer! What more can one ask for!! I was told to join exactly after a week(on a monday again ;) lucky day huh!!! :D). I went home with a (beautiful???) smile on my face and told my bro the whole story.. He said, Congratss!! Rest of the week i was eagerly waiting for D day and was hoping for bright (or should i say great) career and an exciting future ahead. Well folks, that Monday never came!!! All my dreams were shattered! Frustrated! Disgusted! What about my wonderful journey in an advertising firm???? Here's what happened.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment